When a patient has a tooth that needs its shape, size, strength, and appearance restored, Dr. Robert H. Watson may recommend a dental crown in Charlotte, North Carolina. A dental crown is a cap that is custom made to cover the entire visible part of the tooth.
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking
- Hold a cracked tooth together
- Restore a broken or badly worn tooth
- Cover and support a tooth with a large dental filling where there is not much tooth structure left
- Anchor a dental bridge
- Cover a misshapen or badly discolored tooth
- Cover a dental implant
- Improve the appearance of a tooth
Our dental office offers gold dental crowns and ceramic dental crowns. Our gold crowns are made in our office by our dentist. Gold dental crowns do not require as much tooth alteration as other dental crowns do. Gold crowns also do not cause much wear on the opposing teeth. Gold crowns are strong and last the longest. They rarely chip or break. Gold crowns are a good choice for the back teeth. Our ceramic crowns are custom made in a dental lab. Ceramic crowns produce the best color match to your natural teeth of all dental crown types. They are ideal for use in the front teeth.
Feel free to contact our dental office today to learn more and to schedule an appointment.